having fun

having fun

Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year and New Projects

The Sketchbook Project - I ordered their small sketchbook and let them pick my theme, title.
"If you lived here"


I am just about ready to mail my entry into the Sketchbook Project - through the Brooklyn Art Library. These are some of my favorite pages. Check out the project at http://arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject/

If you lived here, you might be swimming upstream


If you lived here, you would be wearing large boots


If you lived here, you would be up a tree


If you lived here you would be invited to a party

The project and my work is not great art but parts of it were great fun. If I were to do it again, I would replace the pages with paper that could be glued and painted and stitched. It was a challenge in the end.

5 comments:

Linda A. Miller said...

What fun pages, Joanell! I have a few pages to go before I mail mine off!

Jamie Fingal said...

Your sketchbook pages are wonderful. I love how they are so different, which shows what a diverse and imaginative artist you are. How great to be part of this project. Congratulations.

Cindy Cooksey said...

I love it! Playful and fun to look at. Great job.

cara. said...

brian linked me to your work. AMAZING. seriously. i'd like to put you on my blog this week. i'm so inspired!

joanell said...

Cara, I am flattered. Love the glasses and big eyes heading your blog. I find so many of my son's friends amazing,