having fun

having fun

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Studio 74, Fresno




I recently joined California Fiber Artists - a group of about 35 fiber artist in California who exhibit, that is the focus.  The first show of the year just opened.  I was not there for the opening reception but Tom and I will be dropping by this week  This gallery is in the arts district.  We are lucky that most cities have one. 



This is my piece in the show - it is 12" by 60".  The base is cotton with layers of silk organza and commercial japanese handmade papers.  I screen printed the line images of flowers and folage on the base fabric and on organza.  I ran the paper through my Epson color printer.  It is machine stitched and embellished.  It is like looking out a window, what you might see.

At the opening the artist attending gathered and spoke.  Notice my piece in right behind them - yeah.

No comments: