having fun

having fun

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bergermont Station and more

Today Tom and I took a field trip to Bergermont Station and more.  It is a century old landmark, a train station.  It is now a collection of commercial art galleries, Santa Monica Museum of Art and a great paper store.  We saw art, some more pleasing than others and had lunch. 

These traffic cones are wonderful - ideas abound. 


While driving we passed a few that needed much love.

At Tom's suggestion we left Bergermont and headed to 2 of my favorite thrift store - both on Santa Monica Blvd. 

Not full size but big

For Sale -



These Giraffe were  for sale at the thrift store .  They were metal, I knocked and forgot to ask the price.  I did buy a metal lamp shade.  Bought the floor lamp that went with it - it was $ 10. with or without the shade. (I forgot to take a photo  - later )

Then a creative way home.

side of building on Pico Blvd.
We passed fun art on Pico Blvd.
what do you suppose they make here ?


 We did stop at Erin's home in Belmont Shore (part of Long Beach), walked her dogs, dropped of a birthday present and headed home.  It made a nice day.  Tom is retired and we often forget we can go and do - in the middle of the week. 

We saw ART, had lunch out to celebrate a birthday and go home safely -

1 comment:

Mia Bloom Designs said...

Great post! I keep forgetting to visit Bergermont Station. I'll add it to my list of places to visit on my vacation.

Did you pick up one of the traffic cones to paint? It would have been tempting.