having fun

having fun

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Kamloops and ....


Kamloop, BC Canada. When ever did you see the gas line at Costco like this, amazing. 
And more rare would anyone find Tom washing the car.  I was totally prepared but 
he rose to the occasion.  Said it wasn't as bad as remembered.
Ya have to remember, at this point we had spent 20 days together and there was not much in 
Kamloop to report.  


Great apron display at Blondies

In Sicamous, BC.   Along the road and we needed a stop and a peach smoothie.

Revelstoke, BC . This bandstand has live music every evening for the summer.  We found 
Canadians really value their summer time, the long daylight and the warmer weather.  And 
apparently Summer has a  3 day national holiday the first weekend do each month
The entry to the Main Street, bandstand behind the bear on the right.  Revelstoke has an extensive
Train museum
Color blocking - 

Window display - would be fun for a party with real flowers

Lake Louise, the color of the water really is turquoise.




I feel we have become "those people" who do photos.  I fact I am going to do some sort of a photo book on those people.  It is on the list, along with pickling, canning and gardening,  you never k ow.


The lobby of the hotel at Lake Louise.  I have no idea what that ticket taking looking machine 
Is so assume it is a hand sanitizer thing, they are everywhere..  I loved the large paintings behind the desk.

I apologize, this has become how I spent my summer vacation -  will work on that.


4 comments:

Peggy L Calvert said...

Joanell,
How I spent my summer vacation is very nice! Love the aprons! Tell Tom that washing the car is a treat in disguise of work. He got to play in the water and stand in the sun! Keep having fun!

Mia Bloom Designs said...

Love the photos! It makes me want to jump in my car and follow behind you and Tom. Great photo of the two of you!

Cindy Cooksey said...

Your photos are priceless. I had no idea that Lake Louise was that strange color. I was there years ago but it was frozen over at the time.

JKelly said...

I agree with Mia.. wonderful scenery.. so much variety on your trip. Pictures let us all share it a bit. Glad you ave become one of those people.